|Garrison Strength 31 Dec 1961. There were a total of 4,713 wives, 1,140 children over nine years and 5,673 children under 9 years. [RN: 2627 wives, 616 children over 9 yrs, 3075 children under 9 yrs. RM: 225 wives, 49 children over 9 yrs, 242 children under 9 yrs. Army: 751 wives, 189 children over 9 yrs, 936 children under 9 yrs. RAF: 1110 wives, 286 children over 9 yrs, 1420 children under 9 yrs. (TNA:ADM 1/28731)]|
- Royal Artillery
- Royal Malta Artillery
- S–Maj Camilleri Gerald George
- S–Maj Bonello Godfrey Vincent
- S–Lt Debono George Gregory
- S–Capt Manche L C
- S–Capt Agius Ferrante T
- Royal Engineers
- Royal Corps of Signals
- 1st/King's Own Malta Regiment
- S–Capt Zammit Maempel A V
- 1st/Royal Highland Fusiliers
(Princess Margaret's Own)
- Dr John Park McConnell
- 40 Commando RM
- Royal Army Medical Corps
- Royal Army Ordnance Corps
- Royal Military Police
- Royal Electrical Mechanical Engineers
- The Army List March 1961, London HM Stationery Office 1961.
- The Army List September 1961, London HM Stationery Office 1961.
- TNA:ADM 1/28731, Work Study Report – conversion of David Bruce Military Hospital Imtarfa to Royal Naval Hospital Malta.