Purveyor's Clerk Jonathan Croft
13 Mar 1784 – ?
3 July 1804–15 Apr 1812 Clerk Army Medical Board.
Malta Apr 1808 Arrived in Malta.
Malta 1809 Clerk in Office of PMO Malta.
Malta 1810 Clerk in Office of PMO Malta.
Malta 15 July 1810 Left for England on account of his poor health. Was reported upon favourably by the Head of the Purveyor's Department and by the Principal Medical Officer in whose offices he performed his duties.
16 Apr 1812 Deputy Purveyor.
1812–1814 Served in the Peninsular War (1808-1814).
25 Feb 1816 Reduced to half-pay.
23 Oct 1818 Restored to full-pay.
30 Jan 1830 Birth of a son.
6 June 1831 Birth of a son at Cork Ireland.
20 Aug 1850 Placed on half-pay.
- Entry No: 3421. Johnston W. Roll of Commissioned Offices in the Medical Service of the British Army. Vol 1 (20 June 1727-23 June 1898), Aberdeen (1917).
- TNA:WO 25/3900, Records of Service Officers Medical Department 1790–1847.
- TNA:WO 25/3901, Returns of service of officers of the Medical Department 1790-1847.
- TNA:WO 25/3902, Returns of the General and Staff officers of the hospitals attached to the Forces in Malta 1790–1847.
- TNA:WO 25/3897, Statement of the Home and Foreign Services of Medical Officers on the half pay list 1843–1844.
- United Service Journal and Naval and Military Magazine Vol XV dated 1 Mar 1830.