112053 Surgeon–Lieutenant J S Sammut MD
? — ?
1 Oct 1939 Emergency Commission Surgeon–Lieutenant Royal Malta Artillery.
Apr 1940 Medical officer in charge Medical Inspection Room Tigné.
6 Apr 1940 No 7363863 Pte Hooker RAMC returned to 30 Coy RAMC from M I Room Tigné and was replaced by No 2763914 Pte E R Childs RAMC as orderly in charge of the treatment room.
17 May 1940 Handed over medical charge of Marsa AA position to Lt Henry James Dismorr RAMC.
27 May 1940 Handed over medical charge of M I Room Tigné to Lt John Ross Gallie RAMC.
28 May 1940 Took over medical charge of Troops Mellieha from Lt A E W Bernstein RAMC. Medical officer in charge RAP Marfa and Medical Aid Post Mellieha.
17 May 1940 Handed over AA Gun Position Marsa to officer in charge ADS Tarxien.
6 Sep 1940 S/Capt Mattei took over the Mellieha Sector while Surg/Lt J Sammut went on leave.
10 Sep 1940 Surg/Lt J J Sammut took over the ADS San Pawl Tat Targa while S/Capt Mattei went on leave.
1 Oct 1940 War Service Surgeon–Captain Royal Malta Artillery.
Feb 1941 Attached to No 15th Field Ambulance.
Officer-in-charge Medical Aid Post (MAP) Mellieha. A Regimental Aid Post was set up in a cave at Marfa Ridge which had been cleaned out and had the floor levelled off.
9 Aug 1941 Transferred from 15 Fd Amb to No 45 General Hospital.
1942 War Service Captain Royal Malta Artillery.
12 Mar 1943 Moved from No 45 GH to 2nd/KOMR.
26 to 28 Apr 1943 On the strength of 15 Fd Amb. Attended a course of Sanitation and Hygiene run by No 57 Fld Hygiene Section.
1944 War Service Captain Royal Malta Artillery. In May 1944, Surgeon Captain Sammut RMA left for Middle East Force as a trainee in ENT. He returned on 4 December 1944, as he was unlikely to be of service to the army in this capacity.
15 Apr 1945 Attached to 90 General Hospital Mtarfa as a General Duties Medical Officer. Posted to 11 HAA Regt RMA.
19 Aug 1945 Temporarily in charge of Command Convalescent Depôt Ghajn Tuffieha during the absence on leave of T/Major P McBennett.
3 Oct 1945 Relinquished command of the Convalescent Depôt on the returned form leave of Major P McBennett RAMC.
20 Nov 1945 Convalescent Depôt shut down and the unit was disbanded.
Malta Mar 1946 Taken on the strength of 90 General Hospital Mtarfa.
19 Mar 1946 Transferred to x (viii) (a) list A and D Centre on release from service.
- Entry No: 829. Drew R. 1968. Commissioned Officers in the Medical Services of the British Army 1690–1960. Vol. II. Roll of Officers in the Royal Army Medical Corps 1898–1960, London: Wellcome Historical Medical Library.
- The Army List April to June 1945, parts one and two.
- TNA:WO 177/700, War Diaries No 15th Field Ambulance RAMC April 1941 to April 1944.
- TNA:WO 177/104, War Diaries Convalescent Depôt Malta, March 1941 to November 1945.
- TNA:WO 177/1287, War Diaries No 45 General Hospital May 1941 to Apr 1946.
- TNA:WO 177/1360, War Diaries No 90 General Hospital April 1940 to September 1946.
- TNA:WO 177/116. Medical Diaries Aid Post Tigné June 1940 to December 1946.