Surgeon Captain Herbert Murray Ramsay
MRCS (Eng) LRCP (Ed 1885), FRCS (Ed)
11 Dec 1863 [Aldeburgh Suffolk] – 28 Apr 1909 [Stroud Gloucester]
30 Jan 1886 Surgeon.
Malta 14 Apr 1887 Arrived from Aldershot, England.
Malta 11 Apr 1888 Appointed Surgeon to the Scots Guards vice G. S. Robinson, promoted to Surgeon–Major.
Malta May 1888 Resident at 9 Strada San Salvatore Bighi. Returned to England.
10 Feb 1897 Retired with gratuity and entered private practice in Hertford Street, Mayfair.
1906 Retired with the rank of Surgeon-Major as Medical Officer of the Inns of Court Rifle Volunteers.
28 Apr 1909 On the formation of the Territorial Force was gazetted Lieutenant-Colonel, and put in command of No. 1 General Hospital, but illness prevented his taking up active duty. He died at the Cotswold Sanatorium from tuberculosis, aged 45 years.
- Entry No: 7147. Johnston W. Roll of Commissioned Offices in the Medical Service of the British Army. Vol 1 (20 June 1727-23 June 1898), Aberdeen (1917).
- Succession Books Vol XVIII, Returns of statement of service of RAMC Officers.
- Naval and Military Medical Services, Br Med J (1887), 1137; (Published 21 May 1887).
- Naval and Military Medical Services Br Med J (1888), 825; (Published 14 April 1888).
- Obituary Br Med J (1909), 1215; (Published 15 May 1909).