Assistant Surgeon Thomas Abraham Jerningham Cocksedge
20 Nov 1839 [Northamptonshire] – 23 July 1912
1 Oct 1867 Staff Assistant Surgeon.
Malta 15 Nov 1868 Arrived from England.
Malta Jan 1869 On duty at Citta Vecchia.
Malta Oct – Dec 1969 On duty at Pembroke Camp.
Malta 1 Jan 1870 On duty at Cottonera Hospital.
Malta 1 Feb 1870 On leave of absence.
Malta 26 Feb 1870 Assistant Surgeon 52nd (Oxfordshire Light Infantry) Regiment.
Malta 16 Mar 1870 To England.
Malta 31 Oct 1870 Admitted to hospital on 1 October 1870 suffering from acute mania. He appeared before a Medical Board and was returned to England on a medical certificate.
14 Jan 1871 Staff Assistant Surgeon.
26 June 1872 Assistant Surgeon The Royal Artillery.
1 Mar 1873 Surgeon Army Medical Department.
17 Feb 1875 Reduced to half-pay.
- Entry No: 6357. Johnston W. Roll of Commissioned Offices in the Medical Service of the British Army. Vol 1 (20 June 1727–23 June 1898), Aberdeen (1917).
- TNA:CO 158/223, Returns of the General and Staff officers of the hospitals attached to the Forces in Malta (April–July 1870).
- TNA:CO 158/224, Returns of the General and Staff officers of the hospitals attached to the Forces in Malta (August–December 1870).
- Succession Book Vol 14. Returns of service of medical officers in the Regular Army.
- TNA:CO 158/218 Malta Original Correspondence, Returns of Staff Officers Malta Garrison (January–May 1869).