Assistant Surgeon Charles Spurway
BSc MB ChB (Glas 1938) DPH (1939)
22 Oct 1840 – ?
Service Record — Charles Spurway
30 Sep 1864 Staff Assistant Surgeon.
Malta 21 Oct 1865 Arrived from England.
Malta 1866 On garrison duty.
Malta 29 May 1867 Assistant Surgeon Royal Artillery.
Malta 2 Dec 1867 Returned to England.
23 June 1875 Transferred temporarily to the half-pay list, without half-pay.
13 Nov 1875 Resigned.
- Entry No: 6184. Johnston W. Roll of Commissioned Offices in the Medical Service of the British Army. Vol 1 (20 June 1727-23 June 1898), Aberdeen (1917).
- TNA:WO 25/3901, Statement of the Home and Foreign Service of officers of the Medical Department 1790–1847.
- Succession Book Vol 13. Returns of service of medical officers in the Regular Army.
- Spurway C., An obscure case of medico-legal interest. Army Medical Department Report for 1865 Vol VII p 576. London 1867.
- Spurway C., A case of cut throat followed by secondary haemorrhage successfully treated by ligation of the common carotid artery. Army Medical Department Report for 1866 Vol VIII p 522. London 1868.