The hospital was visited by the Commander in Chief Admiral Sir Guy Grantham, Maj-Gen W A D Drummond DDGAMS and Lady Laycock, wife of HE Maj Gen Sir Robert Laycock Governor of Malta.
- Royal Artillery
- Royal Malta Artillery
- S–Maj Camilleri Gerald George
- S–Maj Bonello Godfrey Vincent
- S–Maj Casolani Richard Louis
- S–Capt Manche L C
- Royal Engineers
- 1st/King's Own Malta Regiment
- S–Capt Agius Ferrante A B
- 40 Commando RM
- 45 Commando RM
- Royal Army Service Corps
- Royal Army Medical Corps
- Royal Army Ordnance Corps
During Sep 1955, no less than 102 babies were born in the maternity wing of the military hospital. This included two sets of twins. The maternity ward claimed a record for the highest number of births in one month.
On 17 Mar 1955 the Duke of Edinburgh visited the David Bruce Military Hospital Mtarfa.
- Staff Officers
- Col Robinson William Arthur
- Lieutenant Colonels
- Lt Col Humphreys Geoffrey Llewelyn
- Maj Burbridge Denis Henry Dryburgh
- Maj Bevan Bryan
- Maj Gavourin Herbert Samuel
- Maj MacFarlane Robert Goudie
- Maj Lewis Martin Mead
- Maj Stuart Charles Edward
- Capt Whitfield Charles Richard
- The Army List April 1955, London HM Stationery Office 1955.
- The Army List August 1955, London HM Stationery Office 1955.
- The Army List December 1955, London HM Stationery Office 1955.