No 168254 Lieutenant Edmunds Percy Kenneth Dudley
2 Jan 1914 — 19 Jan 1984
21 Jan 1941 Granted a Regular Army Emergency Commission RAMC.
24 July 1941 Arrived from England as part of a draft of five RAMC officers attached to 15 Field Ambulance RAMC. This was formed in Malta on 1 April 1941 to give medical cover to the north of the island. It was commanded by Lt Col Thomas Fielden Briggs RAMC. The south of Malta was covered by 161 (East Anglian) Field Ambulance RAMC.
25 Mar 1942 Listed as having joined 15 Field Ambulance on 25 March 1942.
1943 On duty with 15 Field Ambulance.
9 Oct 1943 UK medical personnel arriving in Malta were posted to a Training Company at Camp RS Wardija for two months intensive training. The training officer was Capt P K D Edmunds RAMC.
23 Nov 1943 On 23 November 1943, HMH Carrier Dinard arrived and disembarked 57 stretcher cases and 134 walking wounded.
24 Nov 1943 15 Independent Brigade Group Field Ambulance embarked on HMH Carrier Dinard and sailed for Syracuse. Officers embarked were T/Lt Col T F Briggs, T/Maj W R M Morton, T/Maj G A Wilson, Capt P K D Edmunds, Capt Christie R, Lt (QM) Cox and Lt Coddington W R RASC. The men were transferred to a transit camp at Brindisi before moving on to Bari.
1944 Possibly served in Italy with 6th South African Armoured Division.
1944 Possibly joined No 10 (British) Convalescent Depôt, Rome.
23 May 1946 Mentioned in despatches in recognition
of gallant and distinguished services in the Mediterranean Theatre. On his return home from the RAMC, Dr P K D Edmunds worked as a General Practitioner in Cardiff. He became consultant radiologist at Bridgend General Hospital Glamorgan, and was among the first to use 70 mm film in diagnostic radiology. This film gave sharper images, especially of the gastro intestinal tract. He was a keen golfer, playing at the prestigious Royal Porthcawl Golf Club.
19 Jan 1984 Dr P K D Edmunds died at home on 19 January 1984, aged 70 years.
- TNA:WO 177/700, War Diaries No 15 Field Ambulance RAMC 01 April 1941 to 30 April 1944.
- The London Gazette Supplement 37575, page 2476 published 21 May 1946.